Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Doodles, all over the place.

Look I'm blogging! Why? Simply because my finals are in 2 weeks. And I only ever blog when I have more pressing, productive things to do. So here I am...not studying.

Well I did try studying the other night. I even opened my book. Big step! Am I right? Am I right?!

I opened my book, and I read the first sentence. I found that sentence to be pretty important, you know. Something of substance. Something so crucial and so vital that it was surely coming out for finals. And what does one do when one sees a crucial, vital piece of information that is surely coming out for finals?

One highlights it of course. (Well I don't know what other people would do, but I would have highlighted it.)

Glad at being productive for once, I enthusiastically searched for my highlighter, but I only found a blue one. A dark blue one. I mean, c'mon. Who highlights things in dark colors? I sat there wondering who was the idiot who invented dark colored highlighters when I realized that, I owned a dark colored highlighter.

In my defense..I.....really really like blue?

On with the story. Most people would have been undeterred by this obstacle. Not me. I was completely and totally, uhm, deterred.

I sat there and I went,


Awww man! No bright colored highlighters? Sigh. Oh well. 


Then proceeded to face my laptop to watch O Misfortuna Misheard Lyrics on Youtube for the 10th time. This is good stuff, I'm telling you. Watch it watch it watch it watch it watch it. Watch it NOW. The video doesn't really make sense, but so does the world. You continue living in it anyway, so watch the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIwrgAnx6Q8


My mum soon got curious as to why there was overly dramatic music coming out from her daughter's room. I mean, a jump from pop music to Italian Opera is not something you would ignore. (Note: I don't know what language that song is in, nor if it's classified as opera, but the language sounds Italian, and the genre seems like opera. So Italian Opera it is. )

Imagine this: you walk into your room to find your daughter laughing manically and singing to dramatic Italian Opera music in the background.






My mum was not amused.

She became even less amused when I showed her the video and found it not funny at all.

She then asked me,
Why are you not studying?

And I said,
I couldn't find a highlighter


After which, she scolded me for about 5 minutes. About how finals were important. About how lazy I was. About how highlighters could stop me from studying. About how I could really find highlighters if I wanted to. (I had to agree on the last point. My mum is a form 6 teacher and my brother is a form 6 student. Combined, they both have like, an abyss of highlighters.)

After the 5 minutes of lecture, my mum stormed out of my room, came back in a minute later, and threw a bunch of highlighters at me. So many, many, many highlighters.

Then my mum was like,
Now go and study!


And I was like,
Okay. :(








I have this mild form of ADHD that makes it hard for me to sit down and study. And really, I end up doodling most of the time. Yesterday night, I sat down for 6 hours. And studied for like, 10 minutes. The other 5 hours and 50 minutes? Here:







This is how lame I can get. There were other doodles as well, 5 hours and 50 minutes worth of doodles. But I just could not muster the energy to sort through all my stuff. Too..much..stuffs..

And some I threw away. Aww. They were too big and conspicuous. My mum might kill me if she finds out I have not been studying again. 

That's it for now. Gah. Time to...eat. (My other past time when I'm not drawing lame things.) What do you do when you're not in the mood to study?

No comments: