Saturday, November 12, 2011

Helpless

The title of this post has got you thinking I'm pretty emo now, no?

But unlike most girls who are emo over breakups, I sadly am not pretty enough to experience the breakup kind of emo. Which is a good thing, because at least then I won't die committing suicide or something. 

FOREVER ALONE!




My emo comes from being locked in my hostel. It all happened when I lost my keys about a week ago. (My cousin ended up finding it in her bag, God knows what happened there). But since I only see my cousin on weekends when I go over to stay (everyone goes back on the weekends), I had to rely on my housemates in the meantime to unlock the door for me.

However, since I was volunteering at SPCA today, I decided to only go over later in the evening. And I stupidly forgot all about my key-less situation as I bid the last housemate to leave the house goodbye. 

I soon realized my mistake however when I started feeling hungry a few hours later and wanted to go out to buy food. I took my money, put on some presentable clothes, decided on a place to eat, mentally mapped out the shortest way to get there, put my phone in my pocket, and then walked to the door. I then shoved my hand into my pocket, trying to fish out my keys, and that's when it hit me. 

I HAVE NO KEYS. 

On the inside I was like, 


'Oh crap. I'm locked in'

And a few seconds later I was like, 


'OH CRAP. I'M LOCKED IN TILL MONDAY!'


Why? Because none of my housemates are coming back till Monday. If you don't see me actively updating stuff on facebook, I most probably died of starvation. 

'Well tell your warden or something!', is what I imagine most people would be thinking right now. First off, I'm not that dumb okay, that was exactly the first thing I thought of. Let's continue on with the story.

Immediately, I pulled out my phone and dialled the warden's number. And then I heard the worst thing a person locked in a hostel could possibly ever hope to hear...

"You have insufficient credit to make this call. Please reload at your nearest Maxis centre...'

And I was like,


PHONE Y U NO CREDIT!!


And to add on to everything, I woke up sick today. Sore throat, slight fever and flu. Germs which I caught from my friends. The sore throat I caught from Xiang Ni, who has powerful germs (I'm assuming) because she has had sore throat for 2 weeks now and hasn't recovered from it yet. Either that or her immune system is horrible. The sore throat was partially my fault as well because I insisted on drinking from her bottle and eating her food while she was sick, thinking I was superman, immune to the germs of the common people. 

And the fever I caught it from Finsen. He was suffering from horrible fever yesterday. I'm talking fainting, nosebleed and the whole enchilada, and I still drank from his bottle. 

What is up with me and drinking people's water?!

And the flu? No one has the flu but I have it anyway. Xiang Ni thinks that when fever germs mix with sore throat germs, the chemical reaction combines to form flu germs. And these flu germs have caused me to waste three quarters of a roll of toilet paper already from blowing my nose. And I just got the flu this morning.

So being sick and hungry, I crawled to the kitchen to see what little food I had. Being the lazy ass I am, I knew there wasn't much hope of finding food because I never cooked and always ate out. My cooking skills just..appal. And true enough, I only found ONE thing. A carton of milk..half drank. 

So, really, I only found half a thing. 

And I was like,




I started thinking of how I was going to ration out my miserable half a carton of milk to make it last until Monday or I'd die. But then, being sick and reallly hungry, the rational side of my brain got clouded. And what happened? I...downed the rest of the milk in one gulp. 

After that I was like, 



I'm gonna die.

And there you have it ladies and gentleman, one of my most helpless days explained. Through Memes. Don't worry though, I'm gonna get out of this place..sooner or later anyway. 





I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Punk Chopsticks said...

LMAO nooooooooooooooooo DON'T DIE!!!
What are you going to do now? I'm seriously worried lah weih.
Oh and I didn't know someone could be locked in, only locked out...

Dennis said...

== stupid.