Thursday, December 15, 2011

Me in Hatyai = bad

Hey there. I just came back from Hatyai approximately 2 days ago, and this could possibly be one of my randomest trips ever, anywhere. Even a trip to Tesco isn't this random.

Why?

During finals week, my mum suddenly called me. Expecting words of encouragement (or rather, words of nagging) telling me to study, she asks me instead,

'Eh girl, when are your finals over?'


And I was like
'Uhh, Saturday. Why?'


And then my mum said,
'Okay, good. We're going to Hatyai on Sunday. Study ah.'


*click*

And I just stood there like, wutttttt.

So did I like Hatyai? My answer, loud and clear. NO. It's horrible. Why would anyone go there?!

It's not so much the place actually. The place is actually very Malaysia-ish. No, what really pissed me off was the people! They say Thailand is the land of smiles. Well then obviously they do not realize that Hatyai is a part of Thailand! Not all of them, mind you. Just some random dudes that I have the great misfortune to meet.

You know if I have time, I am SO going to upload a video of myself ranting about Hatyai.

Apart from that though, Hatyai food was awesome. What I loved the most was the tu kah pui! Pig leg rice in English. No wait, the name pig leg rice does not do this dish justice. We need a high class name for this. Let's see, how about:

Pork cutlets served with exotic grains.

Ahh, that sounds better.

This plate of awesome-ness contained an egg, some vegetables, some pork (duh), and pork fats. Now this is the interesting part. I HATE fats. Never touched them throughout my whole life. They taste and look disgusting. BUT. This Hatyai-ian fats tasted soooo good! The texture was not at all disgusting (on the contrary, it was soft and tender. Not slimy and goo-ey), and it tasted nothing like Malaysian fats!

Hands down to the Thais. They make good fats. *clap clap clap*

The other really awesome thing that I liked was the Spinach Pie from their McD's! No words can describe the awesomeness that is Spinach Pie!


Spinach Pie! YUMM!


And also, oh gosh. We must have bought a year's supplies of Lays there. Lays' are freaking cheap in Thailand!!

Also found in abundant in Thailand are bras. No idea why, but yeah. Bras EVERYWHERE.

Yeah just an update. I'll rant later and upload the video of it if I'm not lazy. So probably, they will be no video. Haha.

1 comment:

Punk Chopsticks said...

Lol that's funny! I LOVE Hatyai. Go there all the time...hmmm...they have great foo. try going to Sizzlers at Lee Garden next time. Or the airy queen. yes! you must take DQ there!